- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 scoop PhD Woman Natural Chocolate Protein Powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons date nectar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee made up with 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple puree
- 3-4 tablespoons almond milk
- ¾ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a rectangular baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the buckwheat flour, the protein powder, cacao powder, stevia, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a small pan then remove from the heat and stir in the tahini, flaxseeds, vanilla extract and date nectar until smooth.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients along with the made-up coffee, apple puree and almond milk. Stir well until you have a nice, thick smooth batter, then stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon this into your prepared tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until risen slightly and cooked through.
- Leave in the tin for 15 minutes then slice into bars 12. Keep in the tin to cool.
- Gently remove from the tin - they will be slightly soft in the middle but that’s what you want - the perfect brownie texture!
VEGAN / DAIRY FREE / SOY FREE / REFINED SUGAR FREE / GLUTEN FREE
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)
Amount per serving
% Daily value