- ½ cup buckwheat groats, soaked in water overnight
- 1 tablespoon almond, cashew or other nut butter
- 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 scoop PhD Woman Natural Chocolate Protein Powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon or ginger
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or agave/maple syrup
To decorate: Halved fresh figs, cacao nibs and a drizzle or carob syrup (or agave/maple syrup)
- Drain the buckwheat groats then place in a blender with the nut butter, frozen banana chunks, cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon or ginger, maca powder, almond milk and chosen syrup or natural sweetener.
- Whizz up until thick and smooth, between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
- Pour between two bowls and eat right away, decorated with halved fig slices, cacao nibs and a drizzle of your chosen syrup.
VEGAN / DAIRY FREE / SOY FREE / REFINED SUGAR FREE / GLUTEN FREE
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)
Amount per serving
% Daily value